We understand that the most stressful part of planning a vacation is worrying about your pet’s care while you are away. After all, pets are part of the family, and you want to leave your furry friend in trusted hands. Who better to care for your beloved pet than your veterinary clinic? Boarding your pet with medical professionals allows you peace of mind regarding her care. We love boarding your pet, because it enables us to develop a closer bond. If you choose our clinic for your pet’s vacation, you can rest assured our experienced team will treat your cat, dog, pocket pet, or turtle with great care and attention to detail.
Benefits of boarding your pet with us
Choose to board your pet with people who know her best. Your pet will be in excellent hands when she stays with us, for the following reasons:
- Small team — We pride ourselves on caring for your pets as if they were our own. Our small team is familiar with the “frequent flyer” pets who stay with us regularly, and our regular guests often run right to their kennels when arriving at our clinic. Because your pet is one of our wonderful patients, our small team of kennel attendants is familiar with her quirks and habits and can provide personalized care, such as knowing she prefers canned food over dry, room temperature water over cold, and a cot over a fluffy blanket. Many boarding facilities have large guest lists and cannot develop such close bonds with their boarding pets. We pride ourselves on our relationship with every pet who stays with us.
- Experienced care — Who is more experienced in caring for your pet than veterinary professionals? Not only do we understand proper husbandry for different species, but we also recognize problems, and we will closely monitor your pet for any changes and alert our veterinarian, if necessary. We will keep a close eye on her food and water intake, attitude and activity, and urination and defecation. If your pet fails to eat, or develops vomiting or diarrhea, our experienced staff will take the appropriate steps and ensure your pet receives top-notch care. Our qualified team will also ensure that a pet who requires daily medications, such as heart medications or insulin injections, receives her medications correctly, and will watch for side effects.
- Clean facilities — No facility understands the risk of disease transmission better than a veterinary clinic. We know how disease spreads and which disinfectants best battle contamination, so you can rest assured your pet is housed in a safe and clean environment.
Accommodations for all pets
We provide accommodations for a variety of pets, including:
- Hamsters, rats, and mice
- Guinea pigs
- Tortoises and turtles
If your pet is another species, call us, because we may still be able to board her while you’re out of town.
Boarding requirements and recommendations for your pet
To board your pet and to make her stay comfortable, safe, and stress-free, we require the following:
- Examination — We require an annual physical exam by Dr. Gueniat. If you are a first-time client, your pet’s first wellness exam is only $10, which includes one free day of boarding within 90 days of the exam.
- Vaccinations — For the safety of your pet and the other pets in our boarding facility, all pets must be current on their required vaccinations, or we ask you to provide written proof from another veterinary clinic. The required vaccinations for cats and dogs are listed on our website.
- Flea prevention — We strive to be a flea-free hospital, so we give all dogs and cats a complimentary flea preventive when they arrive.
We also make the following suggestions:
- Food — You are welcome to bring your pet’s special diet to avoid any gastrointestinal upset. We feed a high quality dry food to dogs and canned food to cats who are staying with us, unless you request otherwise.
- Medications — We recommend you bring all your pet’s medications and supplements, and instructions, so we can administer them correctly.
- Bedding and belongings — We provide plenty of fresh towels daily, but your pet may prefer the comforts and smells of home, so feel free to bring any of her favorite items, such as her own bed and toys.
We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon, but we are happy to accommodate your needs if these times do not work.
Summer vacation is just around the corner! Are you headed out of town and can’t take your furry (or shelled) friend? Spots fill up fast at our boarding facility—reserve your pet’s stay today so she can enjoy a vacation of her own.